Seal of authenticity
The verified badge on RAWR lets people know that an account of public interest is authentic.
If you believe your account is of public interest and should be verified, this article outlines information about submitting a request.
Submitting a request
To be able to complete the verification process, your account must have the following:
• A confirmed email address
Note: If the account is a company or organisation account, the email address associated with the account should be a company or organisation email address.
• A bio
• A profile photo
• A header photo
• A birthday (for accounts that are not a company, brand, or organisation)
• A website (not a requirement if personal account)
• Posts set to 'everyone' in privacy settings
For requests to verify individual accounts (that do not represent a company or organisation), we require a copy of your official government-issued photo ID (e.g. passport or driver’s license) in order to confirm your request. Information used for this purpose is held in an encrypted escrow and will be deleted once verification is confirmed.
Submit the following 1) a clear photo of the front and back of your government-issued photo ID document, and 2) a clear photo of yourself holding the government-issued photo ID document with a sheet of paper displaying the current date and account username, as demonstrated below:
Profile and account recommendations
Some common characteristics of verified accounts include:
• If the account belongs to a person, the name reflects the real or stage name of the person.
• If the account is a corporation or company account, the name reflects the real name of the corporation or company.
• The profile and/or header photo reflects the person, the corporation’s branding, or the company’s branding.
• The bio specifies an area of expertise and/or a company mission.
When submitting a request to verify an account, we ask for additional information that can help us evaluate it. Here are some tips to keep in mind:
• We’ll ask you to tell us why we should verify an account. If the account represents a person, we want to understand their impact in their field. If it represents a corporation or company, let us know their mission.
• When providing URLs to support your request, choose sites that help express the account holder’s newsworthiness or relevancy in their field.
Submit a request to verify an account
You can submit a request to verify an account by contacting RAWR Support here via private message, and we’ll respond to your request as soon as possible. Note: In order to access RAWR Support, you must be logged in with the RAWR account you would like verified. If you are not already logged in, you will be redirected to the RAWR login page.
If your request is denied, you can submit another request for the same account 30 days after receiving contact from us. If you received a response from us requesting edits to your account and/or additional information, you can submit another request any time after completing the steps outlined in our response.
If you’ve submitted a request and have not yet received a reply from us within 14 days, please send a follow up email to [email protected] from the email address listed on your account and we'll do our best to follow up as quickly as possible.